Safe Futures saves lives, restores hope and changes the future for those impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault in southeastern Connecticut.
Safe Futures strives to eliminate violence in our community so that southeastern Connecticut becomes a place:
- Where violence and abuse are not tolerated;
- Where all victims and survivors are able to get the support and resources they need to create a new life for themselves; and
- Where all children and teens feel safe, and learn the skills to establish healthy friendships and dating relationships.
- Compassion and respect for our clients and each other;
- Empowerment of women and others who have been victimized;
- Confidentiality in our work;
- Excellence in client programs, administration and stewardship of contributions; and
- Partnership with our community.
Statement of Commitment
At Safe Futures, we are committed to continually improving our services and programs. This includes training in inclusion and diversity. This statement is the first step in our efforts to do this better. We continue to work on additional statements and more areas for inclusion.
Safe Futures created a Cultural Competency Change Team in 2013 to identify and address the barriers preventing Communities of Color from accessing and utilizing our domestic and sexual violence services. Since then, Safe Futures has been working to provide more culturally relevant and equitable services for ALL people. To that end, we developed a Statement of Commitment to guide our efforts.
Today, on-going violence against Black and Brown people in our country necessitates a public declaration of our commitment to racial justice. As an agency, Safe Futures feels it is time to publicly affirm our values and let Black and Brown people in our community know: we are here for you.