Kathy Verano, the new executive director of Safe Futures, started volunteering for the agency 23 years ago, when it still was known as the Women’s Center of Southeastern Connecticut. She took calls from victims on the 24-hour hotline. -more-
Goal of helping one person led to leadership of Safe Futures
on February 11, 2017 in News & Press
- State awarding nonprofits $30.8 million for capital improvement projects
- Local organization creates safe house that accepts pets
- The Cactus Jack Foundation will match your gift.
- Candlelight vigil held for victims of domestic violence
- Parents want better communication about middle school merger in Stonington