We are gearing up for the holidays. Please review our Holiday Giving Program to learn about opportunities to get involved and to review our Holiday Wish List.
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently accepting fall and winter items at this time. We will post emergency needs to our Facebook page.
In order to provide the best service and quality of life to those receiving our services, we welcome donations of:
Gift cards empower our clients to make their own choices and provide for their children. Grocery store, drug store, gas cards and phone cards are most needed.
- Shampoo and conditioner (for all hair types including relaxed, natural, and dyed hair)
- Click Hair Care Product Wish List for a list of special hair care product needs
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Body lotion and body wash (for all skin types)
- Hairbrushes, combs, hair gel, spray (for all hair types)
- Diapers & wipes
- Sanitary supplies (tampons, pads, etc.)
- Area rugs (new or gently used)
- Small kitchen appliances (microwaves, coffee pots, crock pots, toasters, etc.)
- Laundry detergent and cleaning supplies
- Night lights
- Shower Curtain Rods
- Pots and pans
For Women and Children (all sizes):
- Warm socks, slippers
- Underwear (new in the package)
- Pajamas (new or gently used)
- Seasonal clothing (new or gently used)
Linens (for Safe & Sound Sleep Sets):
- Bed pillows
- Twin sheets & blankets
- Laundry bags or baskets (pop up or portable styles are great)
- Bath towels, hand towels & washcloths
- Cell phones – working or broken, Safe Futures can use your old phone! Working phones are cleared and charged to be given to clients who need a lifeline – a phone to use in an emergency, one that their abuser cannot track or monitor. Non-working phones are sent to be recycled; Safe Futures receives cash for these phones, supporting our operating costs. Either way, cell phones stay out of landfills. Cell phone donations are a win for clients, Safe Futures, and the environment!
We appreciate new or gently used donations. Your generosity enables us to provide much-needed basic needs and some comfort to families in crisis.
When Donations are Accepted:
Urgent needs are also posted on social media. Feel free to share – there’s help out there!
In-kind donations are accepted at the rear of 34 Jay Street (our Donations Center) on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10 am – 2 pm. Our volunteers are ready to accept donations, sort them and get them to those in need at these times. Please sign our log when you drop off, so that we may acknowledge your gift!
If you would like more information, please email:
Click here to go to our online Amazon Emergency Shelter Wish List!
***Please note: when you purchase an item off of our Amazon Wish List, we don’t always see your name or address on the shipping label. If you would like us to be able to acknowledge your gift, please include your name and address in a note field when you check out, so it will print on the label. Thank you!
***Use Amazon Smile to enhance your contribution!
Due to regulations, we are unable to accept the following items unless they are new:
- Car seats
- Cribs and crib bedding
- Stuffed animals
- Televisions other than flatscreen
- Please do not make large donations without an appointment. If your donation doesn’t fit in the back seat of your car or in your trunk, please call ahead.
- Furniture is accepted on an as-needed basis and cannot be accepted without an appointment.