Due to limited storage space, we are accepting only new, unwrapped holiday gift items and clothing with tags from November 25, 2013 to January 10, 2014. We will begin accepting all other donations starting January 13, 2014. Thank you for your generosity and support!
Click here to download our Holiday Wishlist!
Click here to go to our online Emergency Shelter Wish List!
Click here to download our Winter Wish List!
Due to regulations, we are unable to accept the following items unless they are new:
Additionally, we do need furniture from time to time, but can only accept it close to the time it is needed due to storage constraints. If you have gently used furniture that needs a new home, please contact Donations to discuss. Furniture cannot be accepted without an appointment. If you have a short time frame to find a home for your furniture, we suggest Homeward Bound Treasures furniture thrift shop in New London. They are very helpful to us and our clients.
In order to provide the best service and quality of life to those receiving our services, we welcome donations of:
For Women and Children (all sizes):
- Warm socks, slippers
- Underwear (new in the package)
- Pajamas (new or gently used)
- Seasonal clothing (new or gently used)
- Shampoo and conditioner (for all hair types)
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Body lotion and body wash (for all skin types)
- Hairbrushes, combs, hair gel, spray (for all hair types)
- Diapers & wipes
- Sanitary supplies (tampons, pads, etc.)
- Area rugs (new or gently used)
- Small kitchen appliances (microwaves, coffee pots, crock pots, toasters, etc.)
- Laundry detergent
- Night lights
For Safe & Sound Sleep Sets:
- Bed pillows
- Twin sheets & blankets
- Laundry bags or baskets (pop up or portable styles are great)
- Bath towels, hand towels & washcloths
- Gift cards empower our clients to make their own choices and provide for their children. Grocery store, drug store, gas cards and phone cards are most needed.
- Cell phones – working or broken, Safe Futures can use your old phone! Working phones are cleared and charged to be given to clients who need a lifeline – a phone to use in an emergency, one that their abuser cannot track or monitor. Non-working phones are sent to be recycled; Safe Futures receives cash for these phones, supporting our operating costs. Either way, cell phones stay out of landfills. Cell phone donations are a win for clients, Safe Futures, and the environment!
We appreciate new or gently used donations. Your generosity enables us to provide much-needed basic needs and some comfort to families in crisis.
When Donations are Accepted:
Urgent needs are also posted on social media. Feel free to share – there’s help out there!
In-kind donations are accepted at the rear of 34 Jay Street (“The Bins”) on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10 am – 2 pm. Our volunteers are ready to accept donations, sort them and get them to those in need at these times. Please sign our log when you drop off, so that we may acknowledge your gift!
If you cannot come on Tuesdays or Thursdays, or would like more information, please contact: