In order to provide the best service and quality of life to those receiving our services, we welcome donations of:
For Women and Children (all sizes):
- Warm socks, slippers
- Underwear (new in the package)
- Pajamas (new or gently used)
- Seasonal clothing (new or gently used)
- Shampoo and conditioner (for all hair types)
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Body lotion and body wash (for all skin types)
- Hairbrushes, combs, hair gel, spray (for all hair types)
- Diapers & wipes
- Sanitary supplies (tampons, pads, etc.)
- Area rugs (new or gently used)
- Small kitchen appliances (microwaves, coffee pots, crock pots, toasters, etc.)
- Laundry detergent
- Night lights
For Safe & Sound Sleep Sets:
- Bed pillows
- Twin sheets & blankets
- Laundry bags or baskets (pop up or portable styles are great)
- Bath towels, hand towels & washcloths
- Gift cards empower our clients to make their own choices and provide for their children. Grocery store, drug store, gas cards and phone cards are most needed.
- Cell phones – working or broken, Safe Futures can use your old phone! Working phones are cleared and charged to be given to clients who need a lifeline – a phone to use in an emergency, one that their abuser cannot track or monitor. Non-working phones are sent to be recycled; Safe Futures receives cash for these phones, supporting our operating costs. Either way, cell phones stay out of landfills. Cell phone donations are a win for clients, Safe Futures, and the environment!
We appreciate new or gently used donations. Your generosity enables us to provide much-needed basic needs and some comfort to families in crisis.
When Donations are Accepted:
Urgent needs are also posted on social media. Feel free to share – there’s help out there!
In-kind donations are accepted at the rear of 34 Jay Street (“The Bins”) on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10 am – 2 pm. Our volunteers are ready to accept donations, sort them and get them to those in need at these times. Please sign our log when you drop off, so that we may acknowledge your gift!
PLEASE NOTE:May 11th through June 5th, our parking lot is under construction. If you are coming to 16 Jay Street, you will need to park on the street or in the lot across the street.
For those making donations of much needed items for our clients, please note, entrance is temporarily moved to the front door of 34 Jay Street. Also, THERE IS A FLIGHT OF STAIRS TO THE DONATIONS AREA. If what you are donating would be difficult to carry down the stairs, please hold your donation until after June 5th.
Thank you for your patience as we undertake this important project.
If you cannot come on Tuesdays or Thursdays, or would like more information, please email:
Click here to download our Current Wish List!
Click here to go to our online Amazon Emergency Shelter Wish List!
***Please note: when you purchase an item off of our Amazon Wish List, we don’t always see your name or address on the shipping label. If you would like us to be able to acknowledge your gift, please include your name and address in a note field when you check out, so it will print on the label. Thank you!
Due to regulations, we are unable to accept the following items unless they are new:
- Car seats
- Stuffed animals
Additionally, we do need furniture from time to time, but can only accept it close to the time it is needed due to storage constraints. If you have gently used furniture that needs a new home, please contact Donations to discuss. Furniture cannot be accepted without an appointment. If you have a short time frame to find a home for your furniture, we suggest Homeward Bound Treasures furniture thrift shop in New London. They are very helpful to us and our clients.