Community fundraisers and awareness campaigns are a great way to support Safe Futures!
When you offer to have a drive for socks, or a party where you accept donations, you help expand the reach of Safe Futures and support our work.
- Drive for needed supplies (coats and boots in the winter, emergency supplies before hurricane season, toiletries, pajamas, etc.)
- Plan a Bowl-a-thon, Walk-a-thon, or whatever-you-like-a-thon: use your social networks to get others involved, accept donations for each participant. Have fun while doing good!
- Tag sales, performances, book signings… donate a portion of proceeds to our cause.
- Host a vigil: sometimes supporting the cause involves remembering. A vigil is a meaningful way to bring the epidemic of violence to people’s attention.
- Adopt-a-family during the holidays: get your family, co-workers or a civic group to join you. Fulfilling the holiday wishes of a mom and her children makes true holiday miracles.
- Host a Safe Harbor Tour – either at Safe Futures’ New London location or a venue of your choice. Gathering 10-14 people together to learn more about Safe Futures can have a lasting, meaningful impact.
Safe Futures will support hosts in every way we can, including assisting with publicity and outreach, providing informational materials, being present at events, etc.
For more information, contact Melva O’Neill, Community Engagement Coordinator, at moneill@SafeFuturesCT.org or (860) 447-0366 x212.