As a member of our team you will experience the joy of helping victims navigate through some of the most difficult times of their lives – whether by helping them work through the complex shelter and court systems, helping kids resolve conflicts without violence or providing administrative support. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package and training. Safe Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reports to: Executive Director
The development manager is responsible for the management of the organization’s development program including annual giving, capital giving, legacy giving, and special events. The development manager will work with the executive director, the board, and the Development Committee to create and execute a development plan that meets the agency’s fundraising goals.
The development manager is responsible for communications including the agency’s electronic newsletter, social media presence, and community and media relations.
Annual fundraising goal of $250K the first year and $300K by the third year.
Capital Family Justice Center giving goal of 1 million over a 3-5 year period.
Legacy giving commitments of $350K over a 5-year period.
Coordinate with the executive director to manage the Development Committee, including:
- Schedule monthly meetings.
- Develop fundraising assignments for committee members.
- Follow up with committee members on assignments.
- Accompany committee and board members to donor meetings.
- Coordinate with the executive director to involve the board in fundraising activities, including donor identification and solicitation.
- Coordinate the activities of other volunteers who engage in fundraising functions.
- Coordinate the planning, execution, and follow up of special events including volunteer-hosted small group events as well as large-audience events.
- Work closely with the director of grants and business development and the executive director in research and solicitation of foundation, corporate, and government grants.
- Maintain and update donor and prospective donor records, gift reporting systems, and fundraising reports.
- Execute the agency’s communications strategy including the electronic newsletter, social media presence, community, and media relations.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client and donor information.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in development.
- Experience managing an annual fundraising program including direct mail and face-to-face solicitations.
- Experience asking for and closing major gifts.
- Experience soliciting foundation and corporate gifts.
- Experience executing legacy giving strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent formal presentation skills.
- Ability to meet directly with donors.
- Ability to coordinate volunteers including those on the board and the Development Committee.
- Ability to become domestic violence/sexual assault certified upon hire.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Experience coordinating Capital Campaign, preferred.
- Dependable transportation required.
Per Diem Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Advocate
Safe Futures seeks per diem advocate to work with victims of domestic violence and assault. Candidate must possess excellent communication and organizational skills, be highly motivated and reliable. This position requires domestic violence and sexual assault certification which will be provided. Bi-lingual preferred.
Applicants should submit resume to:Human Resources Safe Futures 16 Jay Street New London, CT 06320 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org